Where are the strongest winds? Check this Wind Map
Pro's and Con's of Wind Energy
As you research your side of this debate, be prepared to answer these questions:
- Wind is "intermittent" - and why is this an issue with wind power?
- How do wind turbines work?
- Where can wind turbines be placed and what are the implications for different
- geographic locations?
- How do wind turbines compare to solar panels?
- What some issues during a power outage if you have solar panels on your house?
- What are REC's? (and how are they used?)
- What is "net metering" and how does it work for the homeowner and for the electric company?
- How much electricity can a turbine create? (in our state and other states)
- How much energy (and how many turbines) would it take to take care of Lebanon's electircity use?
- Where are the "best" places (most wind) for locating wind farms in the US?
- What is Peak Oil?